THE STORY’S CONTEXT
- Explains how the Gentiles receive God’s mercy and salvation because the Jews do not want to receive Christ’s gift of salvation because of their unbelief.
- It is a Jewish culture to invite guests after the supper was prepared
- The only invited are rich persons and of the same status as the host.
- The refusal to attend an invitation is a great affront and insult
GOD IS INVITING US TO BE PART OF HIS KINGDOM
- Verse 16-17: Jesus has prepared a place for us in heaven (John 14:2)
- We must be born-again if we want to be part of His kingdom (John 3:3)
GOD HATES PEOPLE WITH SO MANY EXCUSES
- Those who have so many excuses cannot receive God’s kingdom
- Luke 9:62 - And Jesus said to him, No one, having put his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the
. kingdomof God
- Verse 18: Those who cannot give up their riches and wealth (covetousness)
- Notice this: The person will survey the land he bought in night time!
- Luke - So then, every one of you who does not forsake all his possessions, he cannot be My disciple.
- Verse 19: Those who prioritize their career and work (carnal and worldly)
- Notice this: the person would like to test the plough at near evening, an unsuitable time. Morning would have been a much more proper time.
- Story of the Rich Young Ruler (Mark 10)
- Verse 20: Those who satisfy their lusts and love others more than God
- Notice this: the person will be in his honeymoon and would not want to be disturbed!
- Luke - If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
GOD DOES NOT FORCE ANYONE TO ENTER HEAVEN
- Man has a free will to choose between right and wrong
GOD WANTS ALL MEN TO BE SAVED!
- God is no respecter of persons (Romans -11)
- The master commanded his servant to look for people who will be his dinner guests
- Verse 21: God saves those who need healing (emotionally, spiritually and physically)
- If we want to follow God, we should get rid of our excuses!
- Not your age (I am still young)
- Not your abilities (I do not have a talent…)
- Not you studies (I am too busy…)
- Not your family and loved ones (They do not want me to attend youth service…)
- We must love God above all things
- Matthew - Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind