- It is said that not less than 12,000 priests and Levites dwelt at
; and as their business was at Jericho , of course there would be many of them constantly traveling on that road. Jerusalem
- He saw him and passed the other side.Maybe he was thinking of his busy schedule and do not want to be bothered
- He broke the Jewish Law which states that even enemies should be treated as friends:Exodus 23:4-5-If you meet your enemy's ox or his ass going astray, you shall surely bring it back to him again. If you see the ass of him who hates you lying under his burden, and would hold back from helping him, you shall surely help him.
- Levites assist the priests in temple ceremonies
- The Levite watched the man but still did nothing to relieve him.
- The Great Commandment: Luke - And answering, he said, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.
- Jews and Samaritans were enemies (Matthew 10:5, John 4:9).Love your enemies (Matthew -48)
- Came upon him and see him—He took time.We must make time to help our neighbor.
- He was filled with pity—He showed compassion.We must love one another (John -35)
- Bound up his wounds with oil and wine—Acted out his compassion.If we are indeed religious, we must show it by works of faith (James , 20,26)
- Brought him to an inn and took care of him—He supported him all the way. We should never stop from doing good (Galatians 6:9-10)